Blog dedicated to Oracle Applications (E-Business Suite) Technology; covers Apps Architecture, Administration and third party bolt-ons to Apps

Monday, March 17, 2008

Blue Screen of Death IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

For the past few days, I was getting the blue screen of death whenever I shutdown my XP laptop. The error was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. After googling and trying to decipher it, I found that the most probable reason is a bad driver. Some more searches later, I found that it is caused by some versions of Logitech Mouseware. So I decided to take a chance and removed Logitech Mouseware from my laptop. After a reboot, the blue screen stopped coming whenever I shutdown the laptop. The MS Knowledge base page which describes this issue is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810980/en-us

No comments: